ICORR '99 Hotels and Transportation
Conference Hotels:The Sixth International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics will be held at the Stanford University Campus in the Gates Science Building, Room B01. The Gates Building is located on Serra Street between the main quadrangle and the Medical Center.
Conference participants are responsible for booking and paying for their own rooms. Please refer to ICORR'99 when making reservations in order to get the special rates. Please note the following rates are per evening and do not include an additional 10% sales tax. The rooms will be held by the hotels until their cut-off date (see the listings below).
- Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
- 625 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94301
Located next to downtown Palo Alto and adjacent to Stanford University, at the corner of University Avenue and El Camino Real.
- Phone: 800-874-3516 (within California only) and
650-328-2800, extension 7007 (International and within the USA)
- Single/Double: $139.00
Number of rooms blocked for ICORR'99: 10
After May 31, 1999 this rate will no longer be guaranteed, and room reservation will be subject to availability.
- From Highway 101, in Palo Alto exit on Embarcadero Road WEST to El Camino Real. Turn right on El Camino Real. The hotel is located 3 blocks down on the right.
- From Interstate 280, exit on Page Mill Road EAST to El Camino Real. Turn left on El Camino Real. Travel approximately 2 miles (3 km). The hotel is located on the right.
- FYI: The Sheraton Hotel Palo Alto offers complimentary hotel shuttle service available 7:00am - 10:00pm providing guests with transportation within a 5 mile (8 km) radius. Stanford University operates the free "Marguerite" shuttle from many places around campus (schedule in web site). One stop is at the Palo Alto Cal-Train Station, which is 100m from the Sheraton Hotel.
- Crowne Plaza * Cabaña Palo Alto
- 4290 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306
- Phone: 650-857-0787 (domestic and International)
1.800-2CROWNE (1.800.227-6963) (domestic only)
- Single/Double: $109.00
- Additional guests occupying room: $15.00 each
- Number of rooms blocked for ICORR'99: 60
After May 30, 1999 this rate will no longer be guaranteed, and room reservation will be subject to availability.
- From Highway 101, exit at San Antonio Road/Los Altos. Proceed west up San Antonio approximately 2 miles (3 km). Turn right on El Camino Real and proceed 1/2 mile. The hotel is a tall yellow building on your left. Turn into hotel parking lot at the "Dinah's Court" stoplight.
- From Interstate 280, exit at Page Mill Road. Go east 3 miles (5 km). Turn right on El Camino Real. Go 1 mile (1.5 km). Turn right into hotel entrance at the "Dinah's Court" stoplight.
- Stanford Motor Inn
- 3305 El Camino Real
- Phone: 650-493-3153
FAX: 650-493-3153 -
press Start button in your fax machine after phone starts ringing
- Single: $86.00
Suites rates starting from $130.00
rooms blocked for ICORR'99: 25
After May 26,
1999 room reservation will be subject to availability, but at the same
rate as above.
- From Highway 101, exit at Embarcadero/Oregon Expressway Road exit
and take Oregon Expressway west. Proceed 1.5 miles (2.5 km) to El
Camino Real. Turn left on El Camino Real. Stay in the left lane and
make a U-turn at the Margarita Avenue traffic light. Turn right into
the hotel entrance.
- From Interstate 280, take the Page
Mill Road exit. Go east 3 miles (5 km). Turn right on El Camino
Real. Get in the left lane and make a U-turn at the Margarita Avenue
traffic light. Turn right into the hotel entrance.
- Hotel California
- 2431 Ash Street
Palo Alto, CA
- Phone: 650-322-7666
- Single: $70.00 - $80.00
Double: $75.00 - $85.00
- Number of rooms blocked for ICORR'99: 5
After May 15, 1999 this rate will no longer be guaranteed,
and room reservation will be subject to availability.
- From Highway US 101: Exit at the
Embarcadero/Oregon Expressway exit. Proceed west on Oregon Expressway
until El Camino Real. Turn right on El Camino Real, right on
California Avenue, turn right on Ash St. The hotel is located on the
corner of California Avenue and Ash Street. This hotel has VERY
limited parking available.
Transportation: We recommend you take a shuttle bus to your hotel
(cost ~$20). From San Francisco and San Jose airports call: Super
Shuttle at (650) 558-8500 (http://supershuttle.com/sfo.htm)
or Bay Porter at (650) 467-1800 (http://bayporter.com). From San Jose
airport only, call Airport Shuttle at (408) 225-4444). Accessible
vans can be requested from these services. A taxi will cost
approximately $40 from either airport.
- Shuttles will be provided by the
Conference Sponsors to take attendees and speakers from their hotels
to the Conference and to the Reception Dinner locations. Buses will
return attendees to their hotels in the evening.
Buses: From San Francisco
Airport, the SamTrans '7F-South' bus(~$3) will drive down El Camino
Real in Palo Alto. For the Sheraton, get off at University Avenue;
the hotel is on your left. For the Hotel California, get off at
California Street and go left down California Street. For the
Stanford Motor Inn, get off at the end of the line at Page Mill Road
and walk down El Camino Real 2 blocks; the hotel is on your left. For
the Crowne Plaza, transfer to #22 at Page Mill and continue south on
El Camino Real. Get off one stoplight past Arastradero Road; the
hotel is on your right.
Train: From San Francisco and San Jose
airports, you can also take the CalTrain train (~$3). From either
airport, take the free bus shuttle to the nearest train station. For
the Sheraton, get off at the main Palo Alto station (University Avenue
station). Walk south 100m to the hotel. For the other hotels, get
off at the Palo Alto-California Street station. The Hotel California
is 2 blocks west on California Street. To get to the Stanford Motor
Inn, walk west to El Camino Real and south 0.5 km to the hotel. For
the Crowne Plaza, walk west to El Camino Real. Then walk south 2 km
to the hotel, or take a bus (#22).
For more information on all
these options, check the web site for Bay Area public transit: http://transitinfo.org
Car Information: If you rent a car at the airport, it is highly
recommended to take Highway 280 rather than 101 to avoid traffic
problems. Directions to the hotels are listed with each hotel.
Parking at the Conference: If possible, leave you car at the
hotel since the conference provides bus shuttles to and from the
conference. However, if you will be driving to the conference site on
campus and need on-campus parking, please let us know beforehand. We
will arrange for free parking for you if we are notified at the time
of your advance-registration. When you arrive at the Conference, we
will give you a 'C' permit, which you will need to hang in your car to
avoid a fine. We may have a few extra permits available if you notify
us only when you arrive. If you need to park at parking meters, the
cost is $1 per hour (bring lots of quarters). Please check http://www.stanford.edu/home/visitors/
for directions and maps. The closest parking is in the Parking
Structure near the Medical Center. For those of you driving to the VA
Rehabilitation R&D Center for the Friday lunch, posters and hardware
demos rather than taking the shuttle bus, there is no parking permit